Rules and Dress Code
Lodestar have a simple but strict uniform, as pupils are not with us long term.
Whilst at Lodestar school pupils must wear:
- A plain white shirt or polo neck with no logo
- Plain black or grey trousers or skirts ( mid length)
- A plain black non hooded jumper or cardigan
- Plain black comfortable shoes or plain black trainers
We would suggest that your child has separate appropriate clothing for physical education.
Not permitted in school:
- Hooded Jumpers
- Hats/ caps
- Coats worn inside
- Jewellery excepting small studs
- Excessive make up in Key stage 3&4
Should a child arrive at school in non-compliance clothing the school reserves the right to refuse entry to their classroom, and parents may be contacted to request that they bring suitable attire to the school.
A full policy regarding the Lodestar rules and behaviour management systems can be found on our Policies page.
Here is a brief summary:
- Wear the correct school uniform
- No caps/hats/hoods in school
- Hand in Phones and MP3/ Music Player on arrival (these are kept in individual cases in the office until home time)
- Not bring energy drinks or other fizzy/sugary drinks into school
- Not smoke anywhere on or around the site (including e-cigarettes/vapes)
- Arrive at lessons on time
- Start lessons when asked to
- Listen to and follow instructions
- Be polite to other pupils and staff
- Use good language/kind words and show respect to other pupils and staff
- Allow others to work
- Remain in the classroom throughout the lesson
- Eat and drink at break times only (except water)
- Respect the building and equipment